Monday, January 14, 2013

patong - thailand

Patong is one of the beach town that most tourist goes when visiting Phuket which is a peninsula in the South of Thailand. Phuket is quite hot and humid year round, even in the mid of winter when I visited.
promoting Thai boxing that night



 Thai form of low cost advertising
I seek out places where locals eat, away from the tourist strips
 the place has very good curries - all are very hot; I was surprise to learnt that these pots of curries are left to get cold and Thai don't mind eating cold as the weather there is so hot
 they call these taxies





I bought a papaya salad and a rather raw pork sausage from a street vendor; always wanted to try the Thai brandy
 the torrential rain can arrive without any notice
 I chosen this place of dinner
 a lot of locals stop by and order takeouts
she is scooping out live krills to make salad for the waiting customer

fresh seafood
 I told the lady I want the fish cooked with a lot of herbs including fresh pepper corns
 delicious
pouring rain again
 it was quite early in the evening


 the kitchen staff

 note the vast assembly of cooking condiments
the beach is hardly photogenic so I took no picture
 rain, rain, and more rain






No comments:

Post a Comment