Tuesday, March 1, 2016

a photo blog - mar 2016




I create this dummy post as a mean to an end. It is just to facilitate posting photos to forum discussion as it is infinitely less pain for me to link to photos to my own blog than wasting time painfully uploading to the forum in question. Most of these photos are historic - in the other words obsolete.
I am in the process trying to figure out how I can mimic a personal website that I used to have by replicating/simulate it with Blogger. The challenge that I am encountering is how to mimic navigating between web pages. As this writing, I am not aware that one can even create links to different sections within the same blog post.

Update: I did a bit of reading, and it seems creating internal links within the same blog post is quite trivial if I don't mind the messy business of editing the HTML code. I used to use Microsoft Frontpage. Blogging is some much easier and time efficient.

Update: Well, I tried to wade through a bit of HTML code to create internal links. Guess what. The Blogger tool is not your normal HTML creation tool. It keep trys to resolve the link by inserting wrong web link addresses when I toggle between HTML view and normal wyhiwyg view. In the other words I simply cannot stop it from trying to be too helpful.

For example, what I enter:
<a href="#withinposts">Original Equipment</a>

becomes:
<a href="https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=216297023345846700#withinposts">Original Equipment</a>

The Blogger tool assumes the link is external and insert the external link "https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=216297023345846700" and makes a mess of it.

On top of that, what is really scary is the http link it inserts take one to my blog's dashboard. I cannot tell if someone else can actually see my dashboard. Hence I have to take precaution.




























































No comments:

Post a Comment