Saturday, June 29, 2019

dim sum at home


This is one of my favorite dim sum dishes. It translates as chicken wrap 雞扎. It is next to impossible to find even in very good restaurants in Richmond and Vancouver BC. Equally difficult to find even in Hong Kong except Lin Heung Lau. I now able to make equally good ones at home with the recipe that I developed myself. This dish is best to make in a big batch and I can freeze some and keep some in the refrigerator for the course of a few days.

I wrapped up a small batch this morning and treated myself to an authentic Cantonese morning tea. While there is only one dish I have four pieces which is equivalent two orders worth. That is more than the amount an old timer in old Hong Kong will eat during a morning tea visit.

 I looked high and low and finally managed to find this good quality soy milk skin that is used to wrap the ingredients for this dim sum dish

there are 4 ingredients in each wrap; a piece each of chicken meat, shiitake mushroom, fish maw, and pig maw (pig stomach)

a steam this tray full that has 9 pieces

I reckon that I would eat four pieces for this morning dim sum at home

the tea is Oolong in the authentic one person tea implement

freshly steamed chicken wrap 雞扎

this is what are inside the soy milk skin; the soy milk skin is delicious as it is succulent in soaking up the juice




No comments:

Post a Comment