Tuesday, October 15, 2019

new power cord for milwaukee sidewinder saw



This was one of the good power tools that I bought my first home. It would serve me well in the ensuring decades. The rubber jacket of the power cord has cracked badly and I was concerned with it being an electric shock hazard. I would prefer to purchase a replacement cord from Milwaukee. I shopped around and decided it is far easier if I just buy the bulk 16/3 power cord and be done with.
This saw has been through thick and thin with me in all the renovations, and roofing I did. I even have use it with masonry blade to cut concrete slabs. It is the prime example of some of the best quality power tools manufactured in USA.

I used it to cut out a piece of concrete slab to move a fence to make room for the car trailer








it seems that the replacement power cord from Milwaukee would include the switch also

I bought a good amount of bulk cord from Home Depot

I used splice and solder to replace the cord

it is a very simple job

I stagger the splice joints so they have no chance of shorting against one another




it has a generous 8 feet cord length; as good as new again

this is how badly the original cord has cracks on the outer jacket; the insulation for the inner conductors are hardly compromised though







No comments:

Post a Comment