Monday, May 3, 2021

iPhone 12 pro max camera

I took some low light photos using the iPhone Pro Max which has three imagers and the wiz bang algorithmic image processing. 

I first took this one without selecting the area I want the exposure to compensate; the result is a rather grainy photo; the time was May 2nd, 8:50 pm which is dusk way pass sunset

unhappy with the first photo I took a second this time selecting a spot that is in the shade to force higher exposure; the result is dramatically improved, no graininess at all - magic!

The blog does not do the quality of the photo justice as Blogger image constrains the size of the photo to about 1200 pixels wide. Here is a test to upload a 2400 pixel wide version:


So it turns out Blogger does allow higher resolution than 1200 wide. The 2400 wide posted fine. I need to test to see at what resolution it constrains. The limit changes over time.

I might as well check to see what happen when I post a full size version. The photo has been cropped to 16:9 aspect ratio however as it is my prefer AR.

this photo is 4032 x 2268 when I uploaded it
 
When I view the photo on my 5k iMac it definitely has been image constrained. Here is the properties of the file. The resolution has been reduced to 1/4 (2048x1152 versus 4032 x 2268) of the original. So this is the limit of current blog photos on Blogger.





this tree frog is the size of my thumb nail, here I use the 2.5x zoom while maintaining a distance to keep the focus

No comments:

Post a Comment