Friday, July 2, 2021

brunnhilde said no to trailer winch battery - part 3



I was hoping being able to receive the parts from Amazon for the trailer winch power supply in time to use at the race track. Unfortunately only the battery cutoff switch that I order last arrive first, and the rest was delayed by a day.

I had to load the race car with the undersized battery one last time since I wasn't able to complete the installation before the trip

the diminutive battery I use for the winch cannot sustain the power requires to load the car at the slope gravel lot of the ranch


the 120Vac duplex outlet came in handy to hook up a 10A battery charge to supplement the little battery


my friends at the track couldn't believe all the stuff Brunnhilde can carry and how nicely all are set up

all the stuff finally arrive just before I left for the trip; at least I get to check them out first hand to my satisfaction

I inspected all the parts I purchased. Every thing turned out what I imagine in quality, dimensions, specs, and construction. I cannot wait to get the parts installed. The temperature controller for the AC will be more involving as I will need to make a faceplate to accommodate it, once I test it to my satisfaction.

the cutoff switch is well constructed and will be a nice addition to Brunnhilde; it is larger than I perceived


nearly identical to the cost of the cutoff switch the Ink Bird temperature controller is a gem and bargain

I decided to drive the Radical RXC; there are four Radicals with two being RXC

I made some tuning on the Westfalia air conditioner mechanical thermostat as well as the blower speed control before the trip to tame the air conditioner. I want to be able to slow down the flower speed more being such a small cabin, as well as to keep the AC less cold - which also translate into longer generator run time in a tank of fuel.

I wrote this post with the air conditioner working allowing me to made a meal from scratch on a hot day. The generator is running in Eco mode and the AC is cycling nicely, down to about 60% duty cycle.

Speaking of power. Most would be very surprise that we no longer have a need for an DC to AC inverter. We used to use a 100W cheap inverter for the occasion to recharge a Windows notebook computer but since I started carrying a Mac Book Air the need is no longer. Our power usage is so low that the biggest battery power consumption is the DC fridge. The rest are audio and mobile devices and the MBA. I have no need for a microwave. I can make good coffee with freshly ground beans, and I can even roast coffee on the road. 

No comments:

Post a Comment