Sunday, March 13, 2022

the barn at the ranch - part 3

 

These photos are from July of 2020 when I started out to plan for "the barn" utilizing the open piece of land South of the house and other buildings. I wanted to maximize the square footage given the constraints. Still that cannot be accomplished because of the underground buried 7.5kV electrical power feed to the property cutting diagonally across the site.





I wanted to keep the location of the barn out of the wooded forest part of the property and near the existing main structures

the aerial view is quite date as it does not reflect the young trees that had been planted and grown

the very preliminary site plan



this is a panoramic view of the building site

after a lot of deliberation of the constraints I decided the maximum square footage would be 4,000 square feet to also have good access for the Burnnhelde with the race car trailer in tow, as well as a generous poured concrete surface in front of the garage doors

I drove a lot of these stakes to check the locations of the building as well as other external features like the aprons, patio, and most important driveway access


the site has many small pine trees which are infeasible to save





conducting the real life in-situ test of the driveway access to the planned garage doors of the building as well as the siting location

this is the tightest turn and I want to preserve the tree there






I wanted to be able to drive Brunnhilde into any of the three garage doors and pull out with the most flexibility; I was able to figure out a loop to and out of "the barn"




2 comments:

  1. I just got my Westy last week, and somehow I came across your blog, something told me you are from the same country as I (when I see you post 度小月),your car taste is pretty nice too, I really envy your car collection, after reading through all of your blog I can't help but really want to pay my respect here. Is there anyway I can contact you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Sprinter Forum account is ShadowMixer

      Delete