Tuesday, October 1, 2019

fresh fettuccini with Dungeness crab meat

On a whim I bought a container of Dungeness crab meat. I have never bought one until now. I prefer to harvest the meat myself from a freshly cooked live crab. For dinner I decided to make a fresh fettuccini with Dungeness crab meat.

fresh pasta ingredient: durum flour, egg, water, salt; these will give me four to five meals

I found some very reasonable priced parsley


I started preparing a soffritto with celery, onion, bell pepper, carrot, and garlic



 even some anchovies

soffritto with the green beans added in last

I made a salad with miso wasabi vinaigrette; the piece of dough is for the freshly made fettuccini

a little bit of Serrano pepper for some heat

a little piece of dough goes a long ways for fresh pasta for one serving

I love this real Italian pasta maker

a tub of Dungeness crab meat from Oregon; I would use it for many recipes


I used some heavy cream as well as some grated parmesan cheese to make a rich creamy sauce which goes well with the crab meat

I have some sauce left over so I made this slightly varied dish. This time I added chicken thigh meat and hence less crab meat, more anchovies, and added some Manzanilla olives. I used more pasta water and less cream. I also skipped the cheese.

Since the pasta dough is already made rolling it out and then cut with the paster maker is faster than waiting for dried pasta to be soften in a pot of boiling water. Cooking this fresh fettuccini takes under a minute. This is my fast shortcut to making slow food.



No comments:

Post a Comment