Saturday, March 28, 2020

brunnhilde's starting battery


It'd been twice that I nearly got stranded when Brunnhilde's starting battery cannot turn the engine over after a night of camping. At first I thought I over-used the audio system and drained the battery. The second time it happen I barely use the sound system.
I begun to suspect the car trailer may drained the charge and I set out to investigate. The likely suspect is the emergency brake actuator on the trailer should the hitch to the Sprinter becomes separated and without secondary safety backup. I have not found anything so far supporting this conjecture. So I started shopping for a replacement battery.

To my surprise Costco now carry a couple of AGM batteries, and to my luck one is Group 49 which the T1N Sprinter needs. It is significantly cheaper than any others I seen online including Amazon.







1 comment:

  1. I doubt it's related to your issue, but I believe the Westy calls for a 100AH starting battery, and it looks like that's only 95. I have a Bosch replacement in mine which I know is under 100AH.

    ReplyDelete