Friday, March 27, 2020

isode redux



I have not driven Isode for may be three years. It has been sitting in the garage all this time, and the gasoline in the tank no doubt is very staled.
Since the engine has not been turned over for this long I took care to prevent catastrophe. First I hand turn the engine a few turns in case the piston rings rusted against the cylinder wall. I could turn it without finding anything abnormal. Next I disconnected the distribution cap and the rotor and carefully place the cap so it does not fall off and cause high tension electricity to jump onto something. I turn the engine over with the starter a few tens of turns to allow the oil to be circulated by the oil pump. No problem with that, which is good.

Next I added a few gallons of fresh fuel to the tank, and replace the ignition distributor cap and ready to start the engine. The engine started with a few revolutions. It took a few more turns as the fuel in the fuel system was no doubt stale until the fresh fuel is primed. The engine was initially a little rough but in no time it was purring. I went for a drive starting around the blocks in the neighborhood, and gradually worked up farther and farther away from homebase. All is well.



No comments:

Post a Comment