Thursday, June 24, 2021

brunnhilde cutting her landline - part 2

 

I continued the work of repurposing the defunct POT and cable TV jacks on rear quarter panel.

when I removed the POS Onan propane generator I had the foresight to leave this Romax cable for to be repurposed in the future in case I want to add a 120Vac duplex receptacle by here


I had to hog out the opening a bit and clean up the hack job Airstream did installing the POS telephone and cable TV jacks

enlarging the hole took some sweat equity as the Sprinter body panel sheet metal is quite thick

as I wanted to ratain is external utility box that I color matched to the lower part of the camper I use this common duplex outlets that fits; I intensely dislike the up-sell Decora line which to me is piss-poor looking and inferior in utilities


I needing to get to the generator transfer switch which is long defunct


I would discover Airstream destroyed two inner bracket mounting points of the breaker panel because the "tech" simply didn't feel like unscrewing them properly


the back of the plywood had the screws ripped out

this is one of thousands of reason I will never buy a US built RV

it is not worth the trouble to remove this stupid box except to properly and safely delete the orange 10/2 Romax

this door lanyard is also destroyed by Airstream "tech"

even the cable openings have the Airstream hack job


the 10/2 Romax is too large to fit to the breaker so I used 14/2 Romax instead

the external duplex outlets already been put to use providing power to the soldering iron and a heat gun for another project 


this usage is what prompted to install the outlets on the outside of the camper; they acts as a convenient AC power bar supporting AC powered devices like battery charger or air pump

even a big shop vac

No comments:

Post a Comment