Sunday, June 20, 2021

brunnhilde cutting her landline

 

We have been wanting to do this a very long time. That stupid landline POT jack on the rear of the camper is finally due for repurposed for something useful to meet a new need. I once planned to install a jack for portable solar panel. But I soon realized storing even a modest size panel is challenging, not to mention I have to worry about strong wind blowing it over. Very often at the race track I get to plug into 120Vac for light usage. This means nothing over a couple of hundred watts or less. 

With the race cars that have diminutive batteries, and often an external charger is required to keep the charge up. I have been using the outlet by the water boiler access door, but that is quite inconvenient as I have to leave the rear door open at least a crack. If I turn this useless land line and cable TV jacks into a duplex receptacle it would be most convenient.

both the POT and cable TV jacks are obsolete the day Airstream decided to "up fit" them; and they did a butcher of a job on the sheet metal

Believe me or not, I had the foresight to leave a 12/2 Romax cable by there when I installed the Coleman Mach 8 Cub air conditioner 6 years ago.


I think I will be using the GFCI circuit already on the breaker panel

before a duplex 120Vac receptacle can fit I will need to enlarge and clean up the hack job Airstream did

So Brunnhilde is a cord cutter! The cable pig and Mama Bell are going to be very sad that Brunnhilde cuts her coax and telephone line. Thanks for choosing AT&T, she said.

1 comment: