Sunday, July 18, 2021

brunnhilde's refrigerator control - part 6

 


I thought I would spend a little more time looking closer in repurposing the black water level indicator faceplate for he refrigerator thermostat. My goal is to make the hack look factory without showing any sign this is a hack.


I was worrying the faceplate was made of steel, instead of aluminum which is much harder to modify

all these needs to be removed; note that there is 12Vdc on one of the two harnesses


comparators made of discrete BJTs 

thankfully it is made of alumium


With some overlaying of the Ink Bird faceplate over that of the black water one I am satisfied that I can obscure any trace that it is repurposed for the new use

the goal is to obscure everything about Black Water but preserve all the existing graphic including the Westfalia logo and the panel model number

there is even a place for a small toggle switch on the left that was the screw hole for the original PCB standoff mount; rarely a hack can be this perfect

I considered reusing the rectangle cut out already there for the rocker switch but it is too cramp to accommodate the Ink Bird right next to it. To do so likely requires filing the cabinet opening a bit. Also the Ink Bird face plate will skew too far to the left.





No comments:

Post a Comment