Friday, March 4, 2022

hambaagu - Japanese hamburger steak - part 2

 

I am not sure if there are many material difference between this batch and the last batch I made. But like most things, practice make perfect by fine tuning the techniques and explore the envelope. Next to no carb is what I like about this dish.


most people would be gross out with the thought of 9 years old meat from the freezer







rather than wasting a piece of wax paper I reused the butcher's paper which is wax and of high quality; when I am done I rinse it off with cold water and use it for starting a charcoal fire

the dimple really works to cook the second side evenly

with a lid on the frying pan it captures most of the nasty oil vapor droplets

I dug out the other half of the Dungeness crab meat from the freezer I harvest a few weeks ago


the highlights are Italian blue cheese, Gulf shrimp, and Dungeness carb meat that accentuates the flavorful Japanese hamburger steak

each batch yields 6 hambaagu good for about 6 very satisfying meals
 
served with Gulf shrimp, carrot, mustard green, onion, Gorgonzola cheese and crab meat topping

this serving is more photogenic with the same garnish with a piece of naan from Costco

As I made a batch of six petties there are six servings all together. I like to mix meat dishes with shellfish as they go together extremely well. Here is one more serving with over the top ingredients - sea scallop, crab meat, onion, carrot, mustard green, sake, dashi, grated daikon, and Gorgonzola cheese.

I would rather have this than most pricy steak


the flavors and umami are intense



No comments:

Post a Comment