Sunday, March 6, 2022

hambaagu - Japanese hamburger steak - part 3

 


I thought I would write a post of how I assemble a serving of the Japanese hamburger steak. I made 6 cooked petties which gives me six serving. My technique is what a restaurant would use. Everything is prepared ahead of time, and when the order comes in a dish is served up in very little time. This dish is quite complex if you try to make it from the start to the end. The idea is to take advantage of batch processing on the most labor intensive parts.

already-cooked hamburger steak

Dungeness crab meat

grated daikon - this time I pickled it

a piece of naan

yellow onion and Italian parsley

the hamburger is topped with crab meat, and heat up with one frozen sea scallop

home made pickled carrot and daikon (I picked through all the daikon)

butter

I save a few sprigs of the parsley for decorating the dish

Gorgonzola cheese retrieved from the freezer

there is sake, dashi in there too to heat up the steak and crab meat on top of it, as well as cooking the frozen scallop; the cheese is added on top of the crab meat and the scallop later so it melt into a delicious mass

I heat up the plate in the microwave oven before plating; after plating I further reduce the sauce to concentrate it

you can see the melted cheese on top of the crab meat and the scallop; olive oil is drizzled onto the ingredient and some Himalayan pink salt added, as well as fresh ground white pepper

served with a side of toasted naan with butter


No comments:

Post a Comment