Saturday, April 29, 2023

steak au poivre

I bought some ribeye steak in the recent shopping trip. I decided to make steak au poivre (pepper steak).

I broke out another new Japanese propane stove so I can pan sear the steak outside. I now have three of this little gem that I use at different places, including for roasting coffee.



even a very light breeze was enough to cause havoc for outdoor cooking

I grab the wooden box that the marble base of the Arco lamp was shipped in and it turned out to be a perfect improvised wind shield

once both sides were seared the steak was finished cooking in the air fryer that doubles as conviction oven

the sauce was made with heavy whipping cream with onion and other ingredients

here is my second attempt

I did a better job pressing the cracked pepper corns onto one side of the steak this time; the steak is left sat out of the refrigerator for about an hour

pan sear the side without the pepper first then the pepper'ed side

I had some home-prepared Dungeness crab meat so I used some, as well as some crab tomalley to prepare the creamy sauce. I never use store bought crab meat.



I only wish the steak is smaller as I could only finish a half


No comments:

Post a Comment