Sunday, April 23, 2023

spring change over

It is time to change the front end implement on the tractor from winter mode to spring mode. I was first quite intimidated with installing the snow plow implement. Swapping it with the front end loader for the uninitiated is not easy. Doing it wrong you can damage the equipment or risk injuries. Also detaching and attaching the hydraulic lines can turn into a day long struggle. In time I learnt and got to know my equipment.

For the most part, the owners manual are of little help. The only way to learn is hand on. After a couple of times I figured out the ins and outs of the what initially painful process. When a hydraulic line have the slightest of residual pressure you simply cannot make the connection. Often this would seem like a broken connector. 



this is a pretty good snowblower by most standards, but I dislike it; in time I want a very good track drive by Honda with easy tilt/lift auger housing control

This blower would be a dream to use if you only have to deal with paved surfaces. For a lot of gravel surfaces, a blower with fingertip control of tilt/lift is the only way to go.






last few times I needed another sets of hands to help me install and uninstall the plow out on the gravel road surface; this time I easily did it myself since I was able to get the tractor into the garage

I thought this one tilt hydraulic line which I initially thought has a bad connector after I released the pressure by unscrewing the connector a bit. It turned out I had to remove the connector complete and let the smallest of pressure out. The connector that I thought was bad last time turned out to be good, but for precisely the same cause.

the folk lift is very useful


dug out the chain saw too, and it fired right up even though I didn't drain the carburetor with mixed oil and fuel



No comments:

Post a Comment