Saturday, November 25, 2023

more lighting for the ranch - part 1

There are much more than what first meets the eyes with this inner gate. It has 120Vac power, gate opener, an outdoor wifi access point, and a 4k 20x pan/tilt/zoom network security camera. I found these wifi controlled outdoor power receptacles made by Feit from Costco. I use one for the LED string lights on this gate.

I broke out the tall extendable ladder and hung a Feit string light and it plugs into the wifi controlled outdoor receptacle. For wifi controlled lighting I have been buying only ones from Feit so they are all controlled with one single smartphone app. I chose Feit for their quality, design, price points, and most important, they are not one that is likely to go under and leave me with a lot of useless dumb iOTs.


the most equipped gate in town

I set the lights on a schedule with the app

these lights are also wifi controlled and set on a schedule


No comments:

Post a Comment