Wednesday, July 7, 2021

brunnhilde's digital thermostat - part 2


While waiting the transit of the Ink Bird temperature controller I spend some time fabricating the custom faceplate to take the place of the Kerstner air conditioner control panel. I cannot shoehorn the Ink Bird into the Kerstner control panel as there is simply not enough space for it.

I want to make this as painless as possible so I scrounge around to find a thinner piece of sheet aluminum. I found this piece that is 0.063" thick. I only wish I have a sheet metal sheer to cut it squarely. I promise myself once I have my shop built that would be one metal working equipment I will get.


cutting soft sheet aluminum with a jig saw is a major PITA and you can ruin the stock so fast



I cut it slightly oversize as I still need to manually square up the three sides using one one edge as reference

a lot of hand filing and constantly checking with a square slowly and painfully it is taking shape to be a almost passible rectangle panel

next is to mark out the opening for the Ink Bird temperature controller; I have to be mindful of the cabinet opening that is behind it to accommodate the module

cutting out a rectangle hole will requires some patience and dedication; I drill out the two holes, one for the master power switch, and the other for the blower speed control potentiometer

I didn't kill myself in measuring out the locations of the three items; I located them pretty well just by eyeballing

 





No comments:

Post a Comment