Sunday, September 12, 2021

special club day in september

 


We had a special club day in which we ran motorcycles and cars. They were not on the track at the same time. We alternate the sessions for cars and bikes. It worked out very well.


I bought the Lotus as I want to better shake down the limp home mode that I thought I fixed

I also used the new winch setup using Brunnhilde's starting battery for power and am very pleased with the design and execution. The $89 4,500 lb ATV winch is an amazing bargain, quiet, and smooth. The wireless remote control has no lag and works at the max distance when the winch rope is fully played out.

my track buddy brought his R53 Mini which he hasn't been driving of late as he now has a brand new GP3



I also increased the front end camber, and the car is less pusher at turn-in; it could be now that I drive mid engine car better also; I plan to increase the rear wheels' camber and adjust the front end caster next

I am beginning to like the Lotus more and more; I indeed fixed the limp home mode which was present when I bought the car only when driven hard on the track. Another successful self-help challenge conquered under my belt.










As it was quite hot, I put Brunnhilde's air conditioner to good use that day. It is the first tine since I performed the noise abatement modification, as well as the digital thermostatic and variable fan speed control. They performed well as a whole as I did extensive amount of testings on each aspect at home.

we ended the day with casual pot luck dinner, but I was a freeloader that night



1 comment: