Friday, August 11, 2023

installing window tint film

I have been donating my time and skills to improve my home track at Oregon Raceway Park. This is only the simplest of project. I install window tint film for the small office. The two windows face East and West which is the worst directions. The office suffers from solar gain and glare through out the day making working in there miserable. I would fix that besides the LG mini split that I'd already installed.

I procured the R-20 Silver film that has 20% transmission from Tap Plastics; it is the darkest film they have to offer

I cut them close to the sizes of the window panes at home using a rotary cutter



With the last club weekend I planned a head to get a lot of work done as well as having a lot of fun driving on the track. I compiled a checklist of things and tools to bring to get all the projects done and the motorhome was jam-packed. 

While I'd never install window film before the technique is very similar to automotive paint protection film but much easier. Cleanliness is everything.


this is a bright sunny day looking from inside out

this is the West side and it look dirty as it was hard for me to clean the outside so I left them dirty

the East side looking from outside in

The window film makes a huge improvement to the small office. Everyone is very appreciative of my contribution.


No comments:

Post a Comment