Monday, August 14, 2023

steak au poivre - part 3


I still have a lot of the brined green pepper corns as well as the heavy whipping cream left for making steak au poivre. I bought more steaks when I was grocery shopping in town. Ideally the steak to use for this dish is filet mignon. I didn't want to spurge so I chose New York strip steak instead.
I often cut a piece of thick steak in half for two meals as often that is all I want to eat. By trussing the steak when cooked they looks like a piece of filet mignon.


I truss each piece and squeeze them into a rounder shape

the coarsely crushed pepper is for coating the steak; the green pepper corns are for making the sauce



I bought only a few okras as they get molding very fast unless you cook them up in short order.

until I watch a Japanese chef use okra this way I always thought it must be cut up and use in a sauce like dish like gumbo






with the extra pepper sauce I made I used it to serve some pork tenderloin

the other half of the steak

with wild seared sea scallops


with cheese filled tortelloni and enoki mushroom

I like odd number of tortellonies as in Japanese esthetics.



another preparation of the same; by now I had enough of this dish


No comments:

Post a Comment