Wednesday, November 15, 2023

happiness is a close by faucet - part 1

While I had the foresight to sink 3 hydrants around the concrete patio of the barn I wasn't able to plan one right adjacent to the concrete pad. I have to walk across the native soil to get to the hydrant to connect a hose, or to open or shut the hydrant. I planned eventually to install a hot/cold mixer outside faucet on the barn wall down the road.
I want to put in a temporary cold water tap by the concrete pad all summer. Only after some fall rain I finally got around to dig the trench and run a PEX line. It is far easier to dig when the soil is moist without a trenching equipment. 

the location I want for an interim cold water tap

While I only need to dig a shallow trench I consult the photos I took of how I ran the propane line between the tank and the barn.



this is the 1" conduit that I provisioned for the underground propane line; the new trench I dig would cross it but I knew they are about one foot apart vertically


this was the 3/4" gas line that I ran

I only dug down about 8 inches as this interim waterline is dispensable 

I plan to add a pig tail hose at the other end for connecting to the hydrant when in use

I used 3/4" pex line so maximize the flow rate

the hardest part of dealing with pex-B is fighting the stubborn coil set


To winterize this interim cold water line I would just use compressed air to blow out the water.



No comments:

Post a Comment