Monday, July 26, 2021

in good shape, isolde - part 18

 

It's been so long that I cannot remember the last serial number of this series. I did some search which is not reliable but the best I can ascertain is this one is 18. The last post of the series was back in 25 April, 2016. This is a short post of I upgraded one of the 12V receptacles to one with built in USB type A receptacle 5V charge ports, and a built-in voltmeter.

I purchase this two pack vehicle power outlet that has built-in USB type A receptacle 5V charge ports and a small display of the 12V voltage. My expectation isn't high with these but hope they have reasonable amperage for my iPhone and Apple Watch that can both charged at the same time. I figure if they fail I can always bout the old dumb 12V receptacle back.

I don't use the harness and fuse it comes with as it is already fused

the rocket switch is on/off power switch for the DC refrigerator I installed


the built in voltmeter reads 0.2V high but the small display is not obnoxious at night

With the success in the installation of an Ink Bird temperature controller in Brunnhilde, I am considering putting one in here in Isolde as well. However I am unwilling to cut any existing panels and cabinet except this custom faceplate. While there is a big space on the lower part of this panel, it is obscured by the dinning table which is removed for this installation. You may not be able to see the Ink Bird when the table top is stowed without some struggle. However it may still be worthwhile.




No comments:

Post a Comment