Thursday, July 29, 2021

gone tools crazy

 

I had lived with the minimum of hand tools up until now. I decided to treat myself to some that I long should had bought. These tools used to be quite expensive but now they cost a fraction of the old days. For  general purpose electric wire tools Klein Tools has always been the standard.

I often I wasted so much time looking for the needed tools. Now I have so many buildings out in the country walking between building takes time. I also have tools that are carried in my vehicles, so some tools need duplicates.

you never have too many side cutters

this can achieve really flush cuts

Vessel is one of my favorite screw driver tools brand

this is the cheapest cable tie guy I could find but seems to work well

a lug crimper and a wire stripper


this has been my lug crimper and it puts a dent on one side which is the kind of crimp that I like as it does not flatten the wire barrel; the down side is it take a lot of hand grip sometimes

these manual strippers are my favorite and they are light and easy to carry and always work

this Batman Mini Me came and visit the garage last evening but panicked and could not find the way out; it got tired flying so it rested on the wall by clinking to the texture

it is about 1.5 inch long

I managed to grab it after a couple of tries and sent it off to freedom

found this frog on top of the toilet in the garage

it is taking shelter from the 100F heat today and the porcelain is cool


1 comment:

  1. I learned about JIS screwdrivers (stop using Phillips screwdrivers that strip your Japanese screws) on a motorbike forum and discovered Vessel tools that way. Love ‘em!

    ReplyDelete