Tuesday, April 11, 2023

wall finish for the barn - part 3

I had spent a few weeks installing the wall panels. It was a grunt work and required diligence and tenacity  to get it done.

I like the look of the bay where the hydronic boiler and the sound system is, so I decided to put up this Eames Hang It All to use the precious wall space for hanging clothes.



I then put up this mid century atomic clock


By now you can see that I have no interest in the typical wet dream of man cave garage with diamond plate theme and expensive built-in fancy garage cabinets. I set out to build the barn not wanting to see what others had done so not to be corrupted with my original thoughts, even down to the design and specifications of the steel building.



As the 5-port propane manifold would be hidden by the wall panel I install four medium length nipples so four ports can be accessed. The sole 3/4" port serves the hydronic boiler via a 3/4" stainless steel hose running behind the panels.

none of the water lines would be hidden behind the panel to minimize the chance of freezing


down to the last panel which is where the sub panel is


I did some minor adjustment of the sub panel so it would be flush with the wall panel perfectly. Below it is a 4-plex outlet box which would also be flush-mounted with respect to the wall panel. That required more fineness as there is no room for the minutest imprecision. I had to shim the metal box as well as adding a piece of wood block to pull the panel in flush with the outlet box to control the relative depth.



the block of 2x4 would receive two long screws to pull the plywood panel in flush with the 4-plex outlets


I have to stop here as to make room for the next blog, that is the installation of the full size on-demand boiler.


No comments:

Post a Comment