Tuesday, April 11, 2023

wall finish for the barn - part 4

 

When I finished all the main wall sections I used up 46 sheets of plywoods. To also cover the small wall sections flanking the garage doors I needed 6 more sheets, making a total of 52. Off to Home Depot I went and return also with enough PVC conduit to do the remaining network run that I didn't do during the construction of the barn.
Installing the panels flanking the garage doors should be relatively easy as there is no T&G to contend with. However each panel needed to be cut down to fit in. Also I had to temporarily remove the garage door openers' ancillaries and then reinstalling them once the panels are in place.








originally I ran the cable for the door opener control panel on the surface, but realize I could do better

I re-ran the cable behind the panel so least it get damaged; it also made for a clearer appearance


With all the wall sections covered I was very surprise there is very little waste left from the cutting. there are just a few full length pieces left over to be use to cover two odd steel columns that are naked and have a big vertical void. 

here is one narrow piece I fabricated with a full length piece of waste to cover the vertical void

I hate accidents due to inattention or sloppiness. Of all the installation I only broke one thing that could had been avoided. It is a $2 electrical cover. $2 wasted is $2 lost.


Of all the electrical boxes for outlets and switches installed onto the steel posts long before the wall panels, only 2 needed to be slightly shifted from the original mounting locations due to interference. Everything else worked out as planned.


No comments:

Post a Comment