Tuesday, July 18, 2023

more infrastructure improvements - part 2

By planning ahead, I provisioned two loops along this East wall when I dropped a four-plex outlets on the corner of a North wall. The loops provide the 20A service run to the four-plex while allowing me to later add two more four-plex outlets. In all there are actually 16 outlets all are GFCI protected, as required by code in a garage building.

the loops were installed before the vapor barrier were finally glued down

the plywood panels went up but slotted for the two loops

All these were done months ago. I finally got round to wash down this corner of the barn. With the corner cleaned and clear of stuff, I decided to install the two four-plex outlets. I decided to mount them at a height just above a typical desk or table height.

I removed huge amount of silt and ground concrete from the crevices


this wall would be very happy with the two additional four-plexes

As this work requires severing the two loops of armor jacket cables I had to make sure I switch off the right breaker. I almost shut off the wrong breaker as it was so long ago I provisioned these loops. Thankfully I double checked and caught my initial error. As the breaker also shut off the four-plex upstream that power the network central including all internet in the barn I restored the breaker while I work from downstream back up to the live hot wire.

the loop lengths are perfect


generous enough to make connections to these two duplexes

these are commercial grade 20A duplexes I purchased in bulk


I prefer the rigid cover plate; I cannot stand the appearance of the unbreakable ones


I also mounted the personal virtual cell tower onto the wall

I made all the ethernet cables to custom lengths to tidy up the appearance 

I secured the loose wires with staples

a tidy wall with plenty of outlets is a happy wall



No comments:

Post a Comment