Sunday, November 26, 2023

design and construction of an expedition camper - part 2

I like to tell my friend and family I have 10 years worth of projects lined up. I have no disillusion the design and construction of the expedition camper will take about 2 years working with the time I have among other projects and maintenance. I have spent countless hours watching the best of German expedition campers/motorhomes to see the latest technology, architecture, industrial design, functional design, and material. Still, my best point of reference is Brunnhilde by Westfalia that was done over 20 years ago.
To me this James Cook was the pinnacle of Westfalia as a motorhome/camper builder. For a serious home cook there is nothing comes close in terms of the kitchen for a camper that is just 18.5 feet long, sleeps four and carries up to five, and with a diesel furnace that is so quiet you can hardly hear it even in bed in absolute quietness of nature. Everything is done for many reasons and every cubic centimeter is deliberated and used.











for such a small camper the kitchen counter space is immense because of the clever floor plan and cabinetry

the chest refrigerator is 2.12 cu ft
The most astonishing about this kitchen is the amount of storage space for pots and pans, and all other kitchen utensils, as well as food stuff. Realistically I would do well if I can match it, except the bigger fridge and freezer.
I tried to procure this very same retractable clothes lines to no avail


here in the US people buy this piece of shit instead


No comments:

Post a Comment