Friday, December 1, 2023

design and construction of an expedition camper - part 5

I have been procuring the hard to find components for the expedition camper. I want to secure them even though I am only conducting high level design at this point, and I have yet to even commit to a sketch. However I have been designing in my head.
 
this gorgeous marine cooker from Italy was my first choice but a German merchant reneged to sell to USA 

I ended up buying this NLA Dometic



I went to Panther RV to pick up the Dometic 3-hob cooker with oven and an Isotherm 6.9 cu ft fridge/freezer


there are two bigger Isotherm combi but they are hardly bigger and I dislike pull out freezer





I order this Daewoo (now Winia) mini washer/dryer from Down Under


it is 230V/50Hz

I took a big chance that it will work with 60Hz if I just step up 120V to 230V

I had planned from the get go to improve the aerodynamic of the rig and I found this Thule hitch mount cargo carrier which I will repurpose as a front mount carrier over the cab

the mini washer is well built with quality components

the input filters for the 230V/60Hz AC looks encouraging that the power is immediately converted into DC so shouldn't matter if I feed it 60Hz; we shall see

this is a great AC transformer for step up/down; it has a toroidal transformer


I mounted the mini washer onto the plywood wall panel in the barn to perform some bench tests




bench tests under say

I bought this foldable work ladder for the intention to modify it as the access stairs to the cabin; I would later found out Little Giant sells 5 and 6 steps in Europe; again why I said US is a shitty country to procure nice things

how to hoist the cargo box up onto the roof rack by myself with reduced risks of damaging something

still the operation required abundance of care


I wish it has twice the volume but I am glad to even had found this

the redundant lighting can all be removed to save weight


I do have to climb onto the front bumper to access the locking latch


I searched high and low for a 10-gallon propane tank and eventually found this off brand fat man; I snapped on the level gauge I have on hand


It turns out Manchester makes this tank but yet you can't find it on their website. I want a Manchester tank as it support their remove level sensor that is reliable and quite accurate.

it should just fit in this side saddle area


I initially planned for a double sink or one with a built-in drainboard. I decided a double sink will use too much water and unacceptably reduces the precious work surface area. One with built-in drainboard from Dometic/Smev all are long NLA.

this German made retractable clothesline simply cannot be procured in USA



No comments:

Post a Comment