Sunday, December 18, 2022

home made char siu 叉燒 - part 2

Each time I make char siu 叉燒 the recipe is different. Also I now make a big batch in order to save time and effort. I pack the extra in vacuum bags and store them in freezer until I need more.This time I use this excellent Korean fermented bean paste. They are cheap and good. The pork is shoulder or butt.
 

all the ingredients

I mixed them well with hands and work the paste into the meat

then store the big bowl in the refrigerator for a couple of days to let it marinate



I can smoke them in a weber grill, or a smoker


test taste the first piece 


they are umami bombs






There are infinite ways I can use them for different dishes, typically a quick and efficiently prepared simple meal.

topped onto Mexican flavored rice

with Japanese rolled omelette in a bowl of ramen

char siu lo mein with rice noodles

I use the spare rib sauce for the noodles


in a what I happened to have snack

made into a flavored glutenous rice with bits of shrimp





No comments:

Post a Comment