Saturday, July 7, 2012

some collection of dishes - part 1

I have accumulated quite a collection of photo of the dishes I prepared. It is rather interesting to review them and I can see my progress over time. Most of my cooking are dishes I prepared without following any recipe. All of these are true Chinese food, and closer to the Hong Kong and Cantonese style.

Here are some.

congee 粥 made with dried shitake mushroom, fresh mussel, tofu skin, pork, and pork broth



home made dim sum 點心 - this one is chinken warped in tofu skin
stir fry of beef and hairy melon  牛肉炒毛瓜 (left), pork belly with salted radish leaves 梅菜扣肉 (right)

stir fry of chicken meat with red pepper in 潮州 satay 沙爹 sauce

stir fry of beef with baby bok choy in 潮州 satay 沙爹 sauce

water cooked fish 水煮魚 - a famous Sichuan dish

dried japanese 日本 scallops 乾瑤柱 with braised shitake mushroom 香菇

dried japanese 日本 scallops 乾瑤柱 with fried tender snow pea leaves

Dried scallops 乾瑤柱 is one of the many delicacies in Chinese cuisine. The best ones can cost a few hundred USD a pound. They are price by size, texture, and amount of umami. The one I used here I snapped up all the shop lady has for $60/lb; a few pounds worth. There is only a few ounce in the dish as they nearly double the size once is re-hydrated.




No comments:

Post a Comment