Thursday, October 11, 2012

braised ham hock

I have been going through some of my older photographs and found dishes that I have not made for a long time. This including many I only made once.
a couple pieces of raw ham hock - years ago one cannot find raw ham hock even in asian stores here
trimmed off the skin and excess fat - this is an optional step; some prefers to eat a bit of the skin

i slow-braised the ham hocks until it melts in the mouth tender and added chestnuts and shitake mushroom - it is a great dish for eating with a good bowl of "steam" rice

there are some yellowed chives on top; the green vegetable is watercress

I have no idea why the format of the post is all mess up. I have been having trouble with Blogger's web-based authoring tool. It has been acting up during authoring with some sort of dynamic phantom formatting reacting to the location of the cursor. Certainly not WYSIWYG.

No comments:

Post a Comment