Monday, February 25, 2013

clam linguine

Most of my food posts on my blog are Asian Cuisines. They are what I cook most in recent years. Occasionally I do make Western dishes, often with a bit of Asian sensibility. Some time for healthy eating, the others for practicality of what I have on hand.
For this dish I use some jumbo size clams I came across. They weight quite a bit due to the thick shells. I bought 5 and they weighted in slightly over a pound.


I just cooked them lightly until the shell opens slightly for me to extract the meat with a clam knife
iPhone for the size reference
I cut up the clam meat into small bits with a pair of Chinese scissors - I saved every last drop of the clam juice
I used no cream as I prefer the cleaner taste without the heavy cream - I sprinkled some toasted garlic on top for texture
 just a lot of garlic and Parmesan cheese
I add crab meat to the next version in addition to the clam meat - I harvest the meat from this gigantic Pacific NW dungeness crab
 clam linguine with crab meat - I call this a Happy Meal
 closeup you can see the meat from the crab claws


No comments:

Post a Comment