Tuesday, June 17, 2014

needles


Today I went to the lab to have a sample of blood taken for my physical.


It was quite painless both in the logistics and being poked with a needle. Only problem is now I have one more hole in my vein of my arm. The lab technician was quite pleasant and chatty. I was home with a band-aid in less than half an hour.

Recently I got into watching Drugs, Inc. It is one of the better documentary series dealing with the worldwide drug addiction epidemic. I have been very insulated is my life from this parallel universe and it is really an eye opening to see the devastation narcotic brings to people's lives.
National Geographic's Drugs, Inc.

Wanting to have a bit of fun I decided to play Hollywood to create some mockup for photos. I am taking the cue from Alfred Hitchcock who always liked to pull pranks.
this may look more convincing if I blur the photo a bit
a screen capture from the Drugs, Inc.
i de-saturated the photo a lot
then added some film grain
my paraphernalia
I know narcotic addiction ruined countless lives and is a serious social problem with no foreseeable solutions. Please take this as a lighthearted playful prank.

No comments:

Post a Comment