Monday, January 19, 2015

crows harass and chase away hawk


I was out walking today and I captured this video. There were a colony of crows on a nearby tree making quite a commotion. On the top of a nearby sequoia tree and I spotted a large hawk sitting on top.

It is a fairly good size hawk judging from the distance and the height of the tree. I knew if I just be patient I might be able to capture the hawk in flight. I have my iPhone ready. It didn't take long when two big crows gang up on the hawk to chase it away from the colony. This is one of the larger hawks I have seen in my neighborhood. Judging from the distance and height of the sequoia tree I estimate it has a wingspan of about 3 feet.

I have seen crows gang up on a solo hawk many times but capturing it on video is the first.






No comments:

Post a Comment