Wednesday, April 19, 2023

happiness is another light fixture


I have always wanted the Arco floor lamp by the famed Italian architect Achille Castiglioni. Only I had never have enough ceiling height to make it work. Now with the timber frame living room with a vaulted ceiling of 18 feet, would one serve both functional as well as atheistic purposes?

What made me thinking about buying one now is the generous living room has no electrical outlet except under one sofa. The other light source is the lamp in the ceiling fan overhead which I never care to use. An Arco lamp is perfect to address this lighting need.


shipped via UPS

the marble base weighs in about 80 pounds

assembling it turned out to be an awkward chore due to the height and reach




I first put in a 100W equivalent LED bulb but this lamp, despite its size does not need a high wattage bulb to work well, since it is more of an ambience light as opposed to a task light. I swap it with a 60W equivalent wifi control bulb instead. The Feit Electric LED bulb has an excellent app and functions, including color temperature and brightness control. All made possible because of the true RGB LEDs used to build the bulb. I like the ability to fine tune the color temperature as well as the illumination.




No comments:

Post a Comment