Monday, July 1, 2013

pan seared mahi mahi with parsnip cream sauce

Parsnip is one of the vegetable that has always intrigued me. I have never tasted it nor cooked with it. I first seen it on TV (as seen on TV?) cooking show. I think I can taste from watching and I imagine how it would taste. A few days ago I went shopping and they are sitting there taunting me. I decided to buy one and try cooking with it.

Back when Portland had very limited Asian vegetable supply I used to eat a lot of zucchini.  For many years now I haven't touch it. I came across mahi mahi bits at Trade Joe's. Instead of $7.99 a pound the bits are $4.99 a pound. I have bought mahi mahi from them from time to time and they are always good. At this price I snapped up 3 packs. I have been making fish taco with them and for this meal I decided to pan sear it and make a cream sauce with parsnip.

The sauce is simple. Just saute finely chopped common mushroom, parsnip, shallot, and garlic and then add blue cheese and heavy whipping cream. Season with salt and pepper and a hearty meal is ready.



No comments:

Post a Comment