Saturday, October 4, 2014

this and that - oregon sep 2014, part 1


In the absence of a better title, I resort to this catch all "this and that". This is more of a photo album than a blog post.


a meal made with half a piece of New York strip steak - my healthier version of healthy choice weight watching slow food


I have been taking advantage of abundance of salmon this year. In my trip to the Gorge I have been buying them directly from the Indians.

this is at one of my camp out site; unfortunately inevitably there are always the worst kind that will leave behind trash and the worst of anything you can imagine

still more salmon; my sailing buddies and I had a cooking contest to see who is a better cook - I cooked this for one that didn't have a camper (he contributed the piece of chinook salmon)  and for myself
 this is Jay's salmon dish which he cooked for himself and his wife; you be the judge
 a breakfast with my home made smoked salmon
this was at Roosevelt Park in the Labor Day weekend - some one put up an improvised zip line for the kids
 the camper with the red high top is Jay and his wife Susan
a meal with steak for a change
again I cooked and fed my friend Randy who don't have a camper (actually he has a class C motor home but he seldom bring it when boardsailing)
i ran out of propane but fortunately I have this butane stove to tide me over; cannot say enough of this great stove; i use it very frequently to for cooking steps that create a lot of oil smoke outside Brunnhilde
 the quaint small town post office building in Hood River
one of many salmon that I would buy from Indians along the Columbia River Gorge - this one is chinook


i bought these emblems from feeBay for the un-Dodge project on Brunnhilde


 for me the easiest way to prepare salmon is to pan sear it
 this is my technique to save a trip to the oven - work amazingly well

invested in some sail board consumables - i also bought a brand new race harness
 i prepared some salmon caviar
 a tray of home made smoked salmon
 after the Labor Day weekend the number of sailboarders substantially dropped


 this is one of my favorite camping site



 the 3.4 sq m didn't get use this day


 my board developed a fracture along the rail
 a snack of smoked salmon
here I am riding solo into the Indian fishing reservation to buy salmon - Suzy is one that I have bought fish from as well as her canned smoked salmon and steel head; she is most pleasant to deal with


 this is the last of Brunnhilde's un-Dodge project


the emblem are not design for the front grill - I decided to not use the 316 portion



 this trip I really went to town - came back with three salmons


i would later make a fish broth with the skeletons

 i have so much salmon now that I have to use all my refrigerators and freezers
my fillet skill still left much to be desired so I recovered the meat from the skeleton and made salmon burgers out of them




 salmon burger




No comments:

Post a Comment