Sunday, October 2, 2016

jazzing up a frozen pizza - part 1

In the past I would not consider buying frozen pizza. I either make my own dough or buy fresh dough from a store when making pizza. A while back I gave Trader Joe's frozen pizza a try and they are really quite good if you are not too critical of the crust. Frozen pizza can never have good crust compare to freshly made.

this is one of the two variety that I normally buy; from Italy for just $3.99 each

The all cheese Trader Joe's pizzas are good as you don't get the cheap meat toppings. With a good foundation I usually add my own toppings to jazz it up. I like to use seafood.

A week ago I made a small batch of smoked coho salmon and I have been using it to jazz up these frozen pizzas.

I added slices of home made smoked salmon, additional grated Parmesan cheese, and capers



1/2 of the pizza for a health meal; just a small amount of smoked salmon goes a long way


another meal and I added three balls of Mozzarella cheese




No comments:

Post a Comment