Wednesday, September 21, 2016

a small batch of smoked salmon

I would never thought that I would waste time and effort to smoke this small amount of salmon. It was totally unplanned. I did not buy any salmon this year as the prices have been the highest I have seen in recent years. I came across some fresh Coho with $5 off each pack. I picked the smallest pack because it has the biggest discount. I was just going to make a few pan fry meals.
It was one of those days I didn't feel like having a boring pan seared salmon. I decided to smoke them despite such a small amount of fish. I would not consider it not because I have acquired a propane smoker this summer. It is extremely easy to use with the least of fuss.

this Masterbuild propane smoker quality exceeded my expectation and I got a great deal

I brined the fish in a salt and sugar solution overnight; then let it develop the shine in the refrigerator for half a day

I smoked the salmon for about 4 hours; the ends are the most tasty as they are most dehydrated


much more tasty than pan-seared salmon

I came across this Japanese whisky and decided to give it a try

No comments:

Post a Comment