Sunday, November 11, 2018

cantonese congee



This is probably my fifth time making congee. I made a pot of mostly seafood congee for my ill neighbor. I simmered the rice into congee which took over 8 hours. It smelled so good that today I decided to make myself a pot too.



I am down to last 3 pieces of Japanese dried scallop so in went they into the pot of rice and water. With quality dried scallops they impart the most exquisite fragrance. The rest of the ingredients were things I scrounged from the refrigerator and the freezer.

  • dried squid
  • dried shrimps
  • scallops
  • dinginess crab meat
  • pork
The best way to think of a bowl of excellent congee is chowder without the calories, and more delicate.


pork slices and Dungeness crab meat

the crab meat were left over from this big crab a week ago


it rather plain and boring until you bring the goodness to the surface



I often like to compare my dish against others by view the results from Google image search. It is always a fun exercise.

No comments:

Post a Comment