Monday, December 3, 2018

cantonese steamed beef meatballs - part 2


This is one man's quest for edible dim sum continues. In addition to preparing the beef meatballs, I also prepared a batch of baby ribs in black bean sauce. Unlike the beef meatballs the preparation for the ribs cannot be easier.
Both the prepared minced beef and the marinated ribs can be use to make other dishes, such as Chinese clay pot rice. So prepare for a hearty dim sum at home is the proof of the pudding. I prepared this home made dim sum for breakfast.

a three-tier steaming basket is perfect for the number of plates that I planned to steam

I used these beautiful small stainless steel dishes I found in San Francisco for the baby ribs

as you always get your hands all sticky when forming meatballs, it is best to make a batch; I reckon that I can eat 4 meatballs and two of these sensibly sized servings of baby ribs; these plates were ready to go into the steaming baskets

the plates of dim sum being steamed - they took only 10 minutes; the cloth on top helps keep the steam from escaping too fast


I happen to have some Bo Lei 普洱 tea which is perfect for a dim sum

the condiment is Worcestershire sauce for the steamed meatballs

the beef meatballs are moist and tender, and I glad I substituted the impossible to find fresh water chestnuts with apple; I consider using daikon but the ones at the store were no good

Bo Lei 普洱 tea can have the appearance of too strong but even with dark chocolate color the tea is very mellow; the ribs in black bean sauce is a resounding success

a second serving of both and after this I was stuffed and satisfied



No comments:

Post a Comment