Monday, December 3, 2018

clay pot rice 煲仔飯 - with dim sum ingredients



Clay pot rice 煲仔飯 is one of the most versatile Chinese dishes. The variety of ingredients that may be used only limited by one's imagination. The whole meal is cooked and served in the same cooking vessel, and the best experience is to eat it straight out of the clay pot.
With the batches of prepared but not made steamed beef meatballs and baby ribs in black bean sauce I thought I would made a clay pot rice out of some. To add variety I grab a link of Chinese sausage and use only 1/3 of it. I added a few pieces of Chinese broccoli, and a some sliced raw cuttlefish that I was going to use for congee. The best ingredients for clay pot rice are those that release some juice. The juice drip down onto the rice and flavors it.

this relatively lean Chinese sausage is the best I could find and it is from New York City; it is properly dehydrated, which concentrates the flavors




I moved the broccoli to the side to reveal the other goodies

another meal with the similar toppings; this time I managed to get the rice browned on the bottom just right


No comments:

Post a Comment