Tuesday, July 23, 2019

renewing Burnnhilde's side turn signal lenses


I have been wanting to renew these side turn signal lenses a while now. The right side one has visible hairline cracks from UV damage. Most vendors want an arm and a leg for these simple lens. I found a cheap source and purchased two together with other parts to get free shipping. These are not OEM but I figure I would take a chance for 1/2 the price.



I wasn't sure if I order the right part until I received them in my hands

I lubricate the putty knife well with soap water and pushed against the spring barb to release the lense


they are made in Taiwan which I like as Taiwanese products typically are better than that from PRC

it comes with replacement socket contacts but I don't need them

I replace the o-rings as the old ones are compressed


it is easier to install starting with the narrow end first

these Taiwanese lenses are indistinguishable from the "genuine" MB ones at less than 1/2 the price; they might even last longer




No comments:

Post a Comment