Sunday, July 16, 2023

happiness is authentic hong kong style chow mein

This is one of my favorite Hong Kong restaurant dish. It is a Cantonese fried noodles called chow mein. Even in Hong Kong this dish is often too oily and lack adequate and quality topping. A Google search on chow main returns a lot of images of the supposedly chow mein. Most I would not touch with a ten feet pole.

I have been making this chow mein many times of late. Very rarely I have bean sprouts on hand which makes this dish shine. There are much more than what meet the eyes in this dish when done right. Being a foodie and home cook I can literally taste a dish by its appearnce.

I can make this dish with just a French carbon steel pan







I rarely have bean sprouts on hand to make this dish

I like to use coconut butter and olive oil to make this dish




the noodles were perfectly fried that is crispy but not burnt

this is a huge serving with generous topping that you never find in those served in a restaurant






No comments:

Post a Comment