Monday, June 25, 2012

alaska snow crab

I had never seen snow crab until this weekend at my Asian seafood store I frequent. I had snow crab while in Suwon, Korea. That one was so big that 3 of us shared it for a meal with other small side dishes.

They are quite small with most under 2 lbs. This one is about 1 lb 12 oz. It is quite common mature snow crabs to weight around 2 lb, as I later realized.


i steamed it after keeping it next to an icepack to slow it down so he hardly feel the heat before he dies

done steaming


i ate the legs and dipped the meat in this simple ginger and japanese yuzu condiment


i think i dispensed more energy than gaining from eating it - the meat was sweet and delicious so I didn't mind the calorie deficit in this exercise

i saved the juice and shelled the meat from the body and made a "pasta" dish with sticky rice cake and yellow chive - my stomach was happy with this


1 comment: