Monday, June 25, 2012

articles of delight - shopping basket

A joy in my weekly trip to the East side of town for grocery shopping is to browse the cookwares in the Asian supermarket and grocery stores. Until quite recently the selections had been very limited.



This weekend I came across this. It is available in more than half dozen of colors. It is from Thailand. Some are quite rough in which there are a lot of injection mold bleedouts. Fortunately I was able to choose this lime green one I like and it is near perfect. All the other colors are as beautiful so it was a heart wrenching decision but I persevered and made the choice.


for a budget crushing $6.79 USD
 

This green one was missing the product label so I have to "steal" it from one on another color to make it whole. I like the simple geometric shapes - circle, 2 sizes of rectangle, and hexagon.

closeup showing the hook (on one handle) to hold the two handles together


it is so beautiful that I may never use it for shopping

No comments:

Post a Comment