Monday, June 25, 2012

ramen 6/25/12 拉麵

Napa cabbage is so delicious, especially after you keep it in the fridge awhile. The heart would get more ripe and sweeter over time - a secret I knew for a long time. I always have a couple of them in my vegetable bin.

Because they are very large I peel and eat the leaves from outside in over the course of many meals.

This is the heart and you can see the delicious and delicate small leaves that develop and ripen over time. I sliced it lengthwise into 3 wedges so they look nice in the bowl.

i use shanhai style thick noodle - it is an unleavened noodle

slow braised pork butt, napa cabbage heart, and a half of soft boiled egg


This is a rather small bowl similar to those served at the Ramen Museum in Yokohama, Japan. A very simple and quick meal once you made the broth and the braised meat in quantity and keep in the fridge

No comments:

Post a Comment