Sunday, September 30, 2012

belgian waffles

I almost forget there is a package of Belgian waffles I bought at Trader Joe's. I seldom eat sweets and this including sweet dishes. I saw the Belgian waffles in Trader Joe's flyer that came in my mail one day. What piqued my interest was it is made in Belgian. I decided to pick one up while shopping in the store.



Today is Sunday and I have a late start in the morning. I remember I still have the frozen package of Belgian waffles from Trader Joe's. It have been at least 10 years since I last have waffles. I am in the mood to try this waffles to see if it is what they made it out to be. I remember Tokyo has a lot of waffle shops and the fragrance infuses the subway hall. They are quite expensive and there is no shortage of customers.
4 authentic belgian waffles
there are 4 in a pack
i only want to eat two
I cannot be easier, just pop them into the toaster. Fortunately I have a toaster with very wide slots and they just barely fit. Of course the only way to eat waffles is with real maple syrup and butter. I like very little amount of syrup and butter and it takes some skill to spread the small amount evenly. I eat the waffle with a couple slice of cooked ham and some thinly slice Italian salami to give them nice contrast.
i nailed the time in the toaster; they are just perfectly golden brown - crispy on the outside and still moist inside
a cup of cappuccino should made a decadent breakfast; the coffee beans are freshly home-roasted this morning

the waffles are truly delicious with butter and maple syrup
as with most ready-made food, it is better to read the ingredients after you eat it


No comments:

Post a Comment